Prairie Lakes Dental
Invisalign® straightens your teeth without wires and brackets, using a series of clear, customized, removable appliances called aligners. It’s virtually undetectable, which means hardly anyone will know that you’re straightening your teeth.
The Invisalign® System combines advanced 3D computer graphics technology with 100 year old science of orthodontics. Invisalign aligners are designed to move your teeth in small steps to the desired final position prescribed by your dental care provider. Each aligner is precisely calibrated and manufactured to fit your mouth at each stage of the treatment plan. Your first step is to visit our office to determine if Invisalign is right for you. After sending precise treatment instructions, Invisalign uses advanced computer technology to translate these instructions in a sequence of finely calibrated aligners — as few as 12 or as many as 48. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks and only taken out to eat, brush and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next, your teeth will begin to move gradually — week by week until the final alignment prescribed is attained. Then you’ll be smiling like you never have before! If you want to learn more about Invisalign and how it works, please visit the Invisalign Homepage. To ensure the best possible results, only a provider who has been trained and certified by Align Technology can diagnose and treat using Invisalign. Invisalign is not intended for children and is not appropriate for every adult. Only your dental care provider can determine if this treatment is an effective option for you. To see if Invisalign can help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted, contact us to make an appointment.
- You must wear your aligners for up to 22 hours daily. You may remove them for eating, drinking and regular oral hygiene.
- No. Unlike braces, you may eat whatever you like as long as you remove the aligners before eating. Prior to placing the aligners back on, it is important to brush your teeth and the aligners after you eat.
- Like any orthodontic treatment, there is a short adjustment period. The more you speak with the aligners on, the quicker you will adjust.
- There will be some pressure and minor discomfort for a day or two after each initial insertion. This is a sign that your teeth are moving sequentially into their final position.
- It is recommended that you remove your aligners prior to chewing gum as the gum will stick to the aligners.
- We discourage smoking with aligners as the cigarette smoke will tend to discolor them.
- Brushing them with toothpaste will keep them fresh and clean.
- Regular office visits are every five to six weeks. This will ensure that your Invisalign treatment is progressing as planned.
- All patients are instructed to wear their retainers at night indefinitely. Sleeping with your retainers in at night will ensure a healthy bite and maintain the new position of your teeth.
- Treatment time varies depending on the severity of the misaligned teeth. Treatment time can be shorter than traditional braces, between six and 18 months.
- Yes, if their teeth, including second molars, have grown in completely.