Prairie Lakes Dental
Fix Chipped and Cracked Teeth
Often used to improve the appearance of your teeth and enhance your smile. As the name indicates, composite material, either a plastic or resin, is bonded to an existing tooth. Bonding is a common solution for Prairie Lakes Dental patients who need:
- Fixing or repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Reducing gaps or spaces between teeth
- Hiding discoloration or faded areas on the tooth’s surface
Composite bonding has many advantages:
- It is a quick process, which typically lasts less than one hour.
- It does not reduce the tooth’s original structure and is relatively inexpensive.
- Composite resins come in many different shades and provide better matching of shades to the natural color of your teeth.
- Composite bonds, however, are not as durable and longlasting as veneers and crowns and may need to be retouched or replaced in the future.
Composite bonds stain more easily and therefore require proper care and regular cleaning. In order to ensure the longest possible duration of the bonding, composites should be brushed and flossed daily. Common staining elements include coffee, tea, tobacco, foods, and candy.